What's new

Question on X-men 2 deleted scenes on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jose Robles

Agent
I ran through the deleted scenes on the second dvd and like the review on here had stated, they were very lacking and with some you couldn't even tell the difference from the original scene. One such scene is the Wolverine killing the intruder in the kitchen. What the hell is the difference from the original to the deleted/extended scene? I see absolutely no difference at all!

Jose

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It's a very slight difference. In the theatrical version, they cut away to Bobby's reaction before Wolvie kills the intruder. It was explained in the commentary that it was changed to get a PG-13 rating. I'm not too sure what's different in the extended fight, but I think in the one where Mystique is at the computer, they inserted a few shots of Nightcrawler's x-rays or whatever.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
There's one great deleted scene in the museum which spells out clearly the bias exhibited toward mutants that details Jubilee's powers.

Jose Robles

Agent
Yup, that's actually a decent deleted scene with Jubilee.

Ray H., thanks for the explaining the very slight difference. :) And you're right, in the Mystique one she does indeed find something relating to Nightcrawler. Kind of took forever to finally get to it IMHO.

I dunno, but does anyone else think we kind of got ripped off with these extra scenes? I mean, the one that's titled Nightcrawler bamfs in to save the children. I was kind of expecting him to actually bamf the children out of the cell and not just bamf into the room before the cell!

Jose

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Agreed with the consensus, the deleted scenes were damn near worthless. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Can anyone say if the much discussed bloopers/outtakes are on this set? I've seen them mentioned several times, yet can't find them as menu options, and a search of the easter egg sites say there are none on the X2 disc. Anybody seen them?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The bloopers aren't on the set. They appeared online for a while through some German site (I think). They were probably cut down since they were supposed to contain some vulgar and inappropriate material.

I tried looking, but the link seems to have disappeared from the face of the Earth!

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I remember listening to the commentary and Bryan Singer stated that he had to edit the "growl/yell" that Wolverine makes when he kills the army guy. He said the ratings board thought the added growl made it too intense.
Just going by what I remember from the commentary...maybe someone can confirm?

JohnAP

Second Unit
There were a couple interesting deleted scenes, but I agree that at least half of them should have been left off as they don't appear to show us anything we haven't seen. It's like they were feeling pressure to include lots of deleted scenes because people like that stuff, but really they didn't shoot much that didn't make it into the movie. If you've got something good that just couldn't make it into a movie, then by all means, put it on the dvd, but deleted scenes shouldn't be a requirement for a dvd if there's nothing worthwhile to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks