What's new

Question on reciever input (1 Viewer)

Danny_JP

Grip
Just recently I purchased the SC-HT670 panasonic home theater in a box system. Its one of those 5 disk DVD player/surround sound speakers deal. The problem im having is that it does not seem to have a clear digital input. I know that the DVD player is built in, so a digital input is not neccessary for that but I have an xbox and a ps2 that I would very much like to get digial sound out of. The only thing that I think might be a digital input is something labeled for an antenna. It has FM ANT written under it and 75holms. I read in the FAQ that coaxial cables are 75+holm cables. Can this be used with coaxial cables? are all 75holm connections the same shape? Ive never seen a coaxial cable up close before so im not sure exactly what the connection should look like. Any help would be appreciated :)

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
A digital audio cable has RCA jacks on the ends - not the f-connectors that screw on for cable TV and antenna inputs. I think you are out of luck.

Roy Brooks

Agent
I 've looked at a few of those systems and haven't seen many that have more inputs available for external inputs. the 75ohm input you are looking at is just the input to the tuner section of the reciever and will not give you the desired results if you plug in there. I looked at the specs but didn't see anything that mentioned that this unit had a digital input for external use. I think your out of luck, Noe I'm relatively new here so I'm not sure wheater you will be able to get dolby digital using the regular audio inputs but I am sure that you should be able to get Dolby Prologic using those. A 75 ohm digital cable will have regular type rca ends on it, but the cable will have a 75 ohm impedance rating on it. I've seen them look like regular rg6 coax or any number of colors and styles.

Danny_JP

Grip
That is really dissapointing. You would think a $300 system would have a digital imput somewhere. I guess its my fault for assuming :frowning: . Well, if I got something like a RCA to F-connecter converter or something like that, could I get dolby digital through that connection maybe?

Rick_Brown

Second Unit

Based on the info you have provided - no. The antenna input is not a digital input. Just happens to be 75 ohm, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks