What's new

Question For Denon 1600 Owners (1 Viewer)

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Wondering how this handles the layer changes? I had a Toshiba 2109 and currently have an Onkyo 525 and I hate when it does it's little (pause) change. If it is noticable, how bad is it? I heard the 2900 doesn't have a problem at all with this but I'm not sure I need an $800 unit. TIA

Doug_NHT

Stunt Coordinator
If I blink, I miss the layer change. I'm surprised that some people are bothered by it at all as I've seen much worse.

Doug

DanaA

Screenwriter
The layer changes last about one second or less. Like Doug, I've had much worse with other players. Since it usually only happens once per DVD, I don't really have any problem with it whatsoever.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've never been bothered by layer changes in the first place. It's sort of a matter of enjoying the total experience afforded by a good DVD transfer: Why let a second-long layer change spoil the party? (In other words, when shopping for a new DVD player, how the machine handles layer changes is not a priority for me.)

The 1600 handles layer changes about the same as most DVD players. I'd prefer they were quicker, but they are about par for the course. Denon mentions that they have a 3MB buffer to assist layer changes, but I see no improvement myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks