What's new

Question about what speaker set to buy... (1 Viewer)

Kyle.G

Grip
Hi, I'm new here and still doing research for my first home theater. I'm planning on buying a Pioneer VSX-D811S a/v receiver, and looking to spend around $500 on a 6 speaker set. I've read good things about HTD level 2's, and the set is exactly $500. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
You could go with the popular JBL nsp1 speakers + Sony SA-WM40 sub. They should be less than $450.

carlos f

Grip
Hey Kyle,
I have the HTD Level 3 and I think they're awesome. They're probably a step below most of the other speakers mentioned on these forums but they're also way less expensive. I just heard my buddies JBLs and they're okay but for the price of the Level 2s you can't go wrong. Plus you can return at no cost if you don't like em.

-Carlos

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
The three options usually cited in the $500 and under range are Home Theater Direct, JBL n-series and Kenwood HTB-504 (includes receiver). In the HTD's, I would only look at the level 3's, not the 2's. I think if you get 2 pair of their bookshelves and center that is $500 without the subwoofer. You should get the Sony SA-WM sub regardless with your budget. It runs $135 online is really kicks butt for the money.
I would get the jbl nsp1 with your budget.
However, I recommend expanding your budget to around $700 if possible. That will take you a big step up in quality. You could get JBL s-series for fronts and center. Or go to www.axiomaudio.com and look at their factory outlet prices on their better bookself speakers. Or else something in the Paradigm Performance line. Titans and/or Atoms. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks