What's new

Question About Outlaw ICBM (1 Viewer)

Scott Rigby

Auditioning
I have Definitive Technology BP3000 TL speakers for my mains, the CLR 3000 for my center and BP 2002 TL speakers for my surround speakers. I have them all set to Large in my speaker set up in my Denon AVR-5800 receiver. The DVD player I use is the Panasonic RP-91. Do I have a need for Bass Management with my system by using the ICBM to listen to DVD-A disks or by having my speakers set to large, the ICBM is not needed? I am looking for suggestions.
Thanks
Scott

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I believe that the ICBM is needed by people who run small speakers with a large sub.
If you have large speakers all around that can handle bass then the ICBM would be of less value.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
JohnG
------------------

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I agree with John. If your setup is all "large" (with or without a separate sub) then you have no need for the ICBM.
The sole purpose of the ICBM is to do a better job matching "small" speakers and a separate subwoofer together. The user can match the bass filtering crossover point closer to what each type of speaker can best accomodate.
------------------

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
In most cases one would be running speakers using the small setting. There's not too many full range speakers out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks