Question About Outlaw ICBM

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Rigby, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Scott Rigby

Scott Rigby Auditioning

I have Definitive Technology BP3000 TL speakers for my mains, the CLR 3000 for my center and BP 2002 TL speakers for my surround speakers. I have them all set to Large in my speaker set up in my Denon AVR-5800 receiver. The DVD player I use is the Panasonic RP-91. Do I have a need for Bass Management with my system by using the ICBM to listen to DVD-A disks or by having my speakers set to large, the ICBM is not needed? I am looking for suggestions.
    Thanks
    Scott

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I believe that the ICBM is needed by people who run small speakers with a large sub.
    If you have large speakers all around that can handle bass then the ICBM would be of less value.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    JohnG
    ------------------

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

I agree with John. If your setup is all "large" (with or without a separate sub) then you have no need for the ICBM.
    The sole purpose of the ICBM is to do a better job matching "small" speakers and a separate subwoofer together. The user can match the bass filtering crossover point closer to what each type of speaker can best accomodate.
    ------------------

4. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    In most cases one would be running speakers using the small setting. There's not too many full range speakers out there.