What's new

Question about HDMI (1 Viewer)

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
I have a toshiba widescreen HDTV but it only has 1 HDMI input. I was wondering about HDMI. Is it worth using HDMI over component for DVD and my kids ps3? If HDMI is the way to go, what is a good HDMI switcher to use? Sorry, I haven't bought any new components for a long time but my kids ps3 is HDMI capable and i'm thinking of upgrading from progressive scan to HD-DVD (ps3 has blu-ray). Thanks for the help.

Components in the system
Toshisba HDTV
Toshiba progressive scan dvd HDMI capable
ps3 HDMI capable
Sony ES receiver no HDMI

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
HDMI allows you to upconvert conventional DVD's thru the Blu-Ray, HD-DVD or upconverting DVD player. It also is compatible with the copy protection schemes on many media. Other than that, there is no real big difference in picture quality between HDMI and component.

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
So, really there is no need. My toshiba has plenty of other component sets. Not to mention, I think I finally convinced my wife into getting a new TV. Now to figure out which is better, DLP, Plasma, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks