What's new

Question About DVD Hub Grip (1 Viewer)

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
Today, when I was removing one the DVDs from my Universal release of the Abbott and Costello franchise collection, I noted that the hub in the case had an unusually strong grip on the disc itself. It was so tight that I was unable to freely rotate the DVD on the hub and I had a hard time removing it. I've noted that virtually all my other cases seem to allow fairly easy removal and permit the disc to rotate easily. Will this "tight grip" eventually have an adverse effect on the DVD itself? Thanks for any comments.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I've seen many discs from a local community center's DVD library with cracks on the inner rings of the DVDs. Obviously they can be damaged by improper removal and/or cheap packaging. If you are not taking extreme care with this case, I would replace it. Actually, I would just replace it.

I wonder why nobody bothered to reply to your post before now.

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your comments, Randall. To be on the safe side, I did replace the case the other day. Unfortunately, one of the discs in the two disc set does have three small cracks on the inner ring. Whether that will eventually cause a problem, I don't know. Time will tell, I suppose. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks