What's new

Quantum Leap? (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Can someone refresh my memory in regards to Quantum Leap with original music? My understanding is that all Netflix episodes are unedited without any missing or replaced music. But, they are missing scattered episodes throughout the run. Hulu has the complete series, but I believe their episodes are identical to the region 1 DVDs, with the same missing tags or music that the discs had. But, I seem to remember there was another site that has the episodes Netflix is missing with all music intact. Is it Amazon? If it is, I guess a Netflix user who isn't a Prime member could pay for the missing episodes and hope there aren't too many of them. Any information would be appreciated. I'd love to watch this series again.

Lucidae

Auditioning
Real Name
Billy
I recently watched the series from the iTunes store, in 1080p.

From what I can tell it uses the original music. Nice looking picture as well.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Alright, DVD-wise, seasons 1 and 5 have always been presented intact, so you should be safe with them wherever you get them.

In the US, the R1 DVDs of seasons 2 and 3 had heavy music edits. The UK's R2 versions of S2 and 3 are intact.

Season 4 has music edits in both regions.

The best episodes to check for music edits in your streaming adventure are S2's Good Morning Peoria and MIA, and S3's Black on White on Fire. In Peoria, if any song isn't immediately recognizable, you're dealing with edits. If MIA is missing Georgia on my Mind, throw your hands up in disgust at Universal ruining the most important scene in the series. If "...on Fire" is missing a lot of Motown, it's edited.

Also, you can dig around here

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/mediapages/dvdandvhs.htm

for a full list of DVD (and possibly streaming) music edits.

There are a few more than you'd probably like to pay for individually, if you decided to go that route if you can find the provider that has unedited episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, guys. I'll definitely check out iTunes first if the price is right. I'd like to own the series, even if it can't be on disc (I do have season 1). Editing Georgia from MIA was instrumental in me abandoning the series on disc. That is just unacceptable. And then they include it on S5! I saw the finale when it aired, but there are a few S5 episodes I've never seen. I'm hoping to rectify that with this project.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hey, hey! Netflix finally has ALMOST every episode up! Missing is Disco Inferno. Speculation is that it can't be up because of a SNL clip. Whatever the case, I have found the show for which I was looking to follow up my Twin Peaks marathon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I had to buy Disco Inferno from Vudu. Even though Vudu advertises QL with the Universal DVD art, the music was intact in this episode. I wonder if the reason it was left off of Netflix had more to do with the clip from Earthquake rather than SNL. In any case, the Vudu version had both clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks