What's new

Quantum Leap at last? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Lets hope there is no french on this. Because I want to buy it, but not from Amazon. The Canadian conversion would be WAY too much with latter sets.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Finally!!! At last one of my favorite shows of all time is being released on DVD. June 8th can't come soon enough.

"Oh, boy!"

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Just to let you know- Deep Discount DVD has this for $38 and change- free shipping. Thats still prety high but its the lowest price I've seen

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
anybody else dissapointed in the cover art? I kinda wanted the classic image of him stepping into the accelerator
I don't care for the art, but the title script is very annoying. It looks too much like the Hanna-Barbera version of Quantum Leap. The original typeface was so much more ... I guess "stately" is the word I'm looking for. This one just makes the show look like a sit-com.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Gord,

any chance you could contact Universal and ask them about the music issue?

It's a simple yes or no answer and they should know whether they can use the original music by now.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not crazy about the cover art either. It would have been nice to see Dean Stockwell in the image with Bakula. And someone on another message board pointed out that the tagline "Where will he end up next?" would be better as "WHEN will he end up next?". Seeing as how it's a time travel show, and all.

But there's no telling how many usable images Universal has to choose from. I wouldn't be surprised if there are only a few choices per season - maybe this was one is the least period-specific shot they've got.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
They should have had him looking a mirror and seeing someone else or something.

But hey there are still three more seasons left for DVD. They can do better next time.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
They should have had him looking a mirror and seeing someone else or something.
Actually, I can see a nice set of covers for the entire series: Scott Bakula looking in the mirror and seeing, in order: Bill Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, and finally Gene Roddenberry, all looking disapproving and shaking their heads. Gene might even be crying, though to tell the truth Kate might look a little relieved.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I can see a nice set of covers for the entire series: Scott Bakula looking in the mirror and seeing, in order: Bill Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, and finally Gene Roddenberry, all looking disapproving and shaking their heads. Gene might even be crying, though to tell the truth Kate might look a little relieved.
Wow. Has nothing to do with this show (in which he was very good) and the respect a lot of SciFi fans give this show is why he was chosen for that job.. hey, even the best of actors can't help crap scripts ;)

But let's get back to QL :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Exactly I think the Cast on Enterprise is One of the Better Casts, maybe Jolene Blalock is a little weak but Bacula is excellent, John Billingsley is Fantastic, Dominic Keating and Conner Trineer are also very good. Mayweather is Non existant, and Hoshi for the most part is too, But that's not Montgomery's and Park's fault. Neither the above actors. They can't do much with the weak scripts they are given. Give them the Equivelent of Inner Light, The Visitor, Under the Pale Moonlight, Beyond the Stars etc etc and I bet they'd do well. Give the show a better premise i.e. the Birth of the Federation and all that involves and I think you'd see them excel.

But Back to QL, Bacula was very good in this.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Quantum Leap brings mixed memories to me (unrelated to the show): my father was in hospital dying of cancer in February 1994, and he'd taken a turn for the worse, so we were all by his bedside.

I actually took the trouble to go call a friend to ask him to tape Quantum Leap's finale, which was showing that night, since I was at the hospital and couldn't watch it, and because we'd rushed to hospital I hadn't thought to program the VCR.

Do I have misplaced priorities? I mean, my dad was dying and I actually took a moment to think about missing the finale of a TV show (admittedly a very good one and one of my all time favourites)?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes we think of the strangest things in those situations, yours just happened to be a TV show.

Gord

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You were there for your dad, and that's what counts. Also, sometimes a favorite show can help you take your mind off of things for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks