What's new

Quality cd mega changer (1 Viewer)

DavidAM

Second Unit
I want a jukebox cd changer (200 or 300 disks). Is there any specific models anyone can recommend? I was thinking of the Sony CDP-335, but am open and willing to buy a different one. Let me know if this is a decent changer and if there are any other models I definately have to look at or any specific features or specs you guys think are very important to look at. This will be hooked to a HK AVR-520 reciever and played through Polk RT8's with center and surround Polk speakers and a passive Cerwin Vega 10" sub (till I win that SVS sub in 2 weeks :) Thanks.

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
David,
You cna't go wrong with a sony cd player. I have the 300 disc ES model with a 5 yr warranty. You can get these for what you pay for the regular 300 CDP model. They discontinued this model and went with a huge CD/DVD version for over $500.00.
I love mine!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Bruce N

Second Unit
What's your budget?
I have a Sony M555ES 400 disc changer that I love. I got it for $460 shipped from Oade Bros. They have the BEST PRICES on Sony ES anywhere and the best service also. I can't say enough good things about Oade. :emoji_thumbsup:
Bruce

DavidAM

Second Unit
I don't really have a budget but I'm not going to spend $1000 on a cd player for sure! The Sony 335 seems more than sufficient for me for $250, so anything else would have to have some kind of significant improvement or have some feature or stat that everyone would agree is a must have. I'll spend more, but it has to be worth it. That's kinda what I'm asking....is there anything major in features of performance/stats that a certain cd player has that the Sony 335 does not?

And Todd, what's the full model # on your ES model?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
David, if you can spend more, get a Sony ES megachanger over the CDP-CX335. With the ES models, you get a five-year warranty, a better DAC, and better build quality. I have two Sony CDP-CX333ES 300-disc models from last year's line (discontinued) daisy-chained and couldn't be happier with them. My guess is that Todd has the 'CX333ES or the 'CX555ES, which was also marketed last year. The only difference between the two models is the remote supplied. The 'CX555ES has an LCD remote that displays disc titles, while the 'CX333ES has a standard-looking, though well-designed, remote. When I was shopping, the 'CX555ES was $100 more than the 'CX333ES and wasn't worth the extra money to me.

Since the ES 300-disc players have been discontinued, take a look at the current ES 400-disc models, the CDP-M333ES and 'M555ES. Again, the only difference between the two lies in the remote. The 'M555ES has the LCD remote. I agree with Bruce in that you should be able to get an excellent deal on either of these models through Oade Bros.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
David,
if you are looking at Sony CD-changers, look at www.nirvis.com - Slinke makes a great addition to Sony changers (no more entering CD names...); it will manage your CD-changer (and more then one), your receiver, your TV :).
I am just another happy Slinke user. Currently - 2 x CDP-400 (basic 400 changers, street price between 225-300 $$).
When buying CD-changer make sure that you will position it on a sturdy horisontal surface - Changers are very sensitive to any degree of tilt. Make sure it is level.
Enjoy.
_zjt

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I own the 335 and love it though its internal DAC's suck. If you are going to connect it digitally to your HK then the 335 will do you fine but if you intend to use its internal DAC's the ES line will offer much better sound. Also if you ever plan on daisy chaining two changers together you are required to use the analog outputs only in which case the ES line would be the better choice as well. Now the ES line will offer slightly better build quality and a longer warrenty over the regular line so if the price isn't that different get and ES changer if you can't justify it don't sweat it the 335 is a great changer as well.

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
David,

I have the Sony CDP-CX333ES 300 Disc. It has a ton of features, such as a delete bank, 8 files categories, text, 3 different filters for your listening pleasure, etc. I am planning on getting another one as my collection contiues to grow.

todd

Kit_C

Grip
In addition to the differencein remotes offered with the CDP-CX555ES and CDP-CX333ES, the 555ES also has a composite video output. This is quasi-uselful for parties, so people can see the playlist.

I second the recommendation for the Slink-e.

Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks