1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

mega CD changers?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Steve Satch, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Steve Satch

Steve Satch Stunt Coordinator

I have lots of redbook CDs and I love to listen to CDs in shuffle mode on a mega CD changer. You never know what track or artist will be next. I never listen to one CD all the way through. Are there any quality mega changers out there? I don't need it for DVDs as I have a Panasonic XP-30. I also need it to have digital coax out rather than optical because all of my optical inputs are taken. or, I need it to have DACs as good as a HK AVR7200 receiver and I can run rca composite to my receiver.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. EugeneR

EugeneR Second Unit

Very few CD players have digital coax outs, and even fewer of the mega variety. I bought a used Kenwood on ebay for the very same reason. etronics.com lists most of the specs on their products, and I believe I saw a mega with a coax out among their CD players.

3. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

Why not get an optical selector switch?

4. Steve Satch

Don't you have to reach behind your receiver and turn a rotary dial on those selector switches each time you want to use a different device?

5. ChrisPATT

ChrisPATT Stunt Coordinator

Guess that depends on where you put the selector. I use a splitter instead of a selector, so I don't have to change anything.

6. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

I have been using a Kenwood DPFJ3030 since about 2 years and am very happy with it. It's a 200 changer, looks very neat, and very solid. It has an optical out.

7. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Easier solution - why dont you just buy a digital coax cable for your XP-30 and then use an optical from a mega changer. The Sony-ES megachangers are pretty good.

8. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Shoot.. - that XP30 doesn't have a Digital Coax out, huh?

What's hogging your other digital optical?

9. Steve Satch

XP-30 DVD has one, my current mega CD changer has number 2, and DirecTivo is number three [​IMG]

10. Pete Gia

Pete Gia Stunt Coordinator

Don`t know what your budget is, but check out the Sony 555ES 400 disc at Oade Bros. Their prices are great on ES stuff. I don`t think it has digital coax out,but I think you may be too worried about that. The D/A converter in this unit is at least as good,and maybe better than what`s in most receivers,so you can just use the analog outs. I have a Sony CX90ES (discontinued) 200 disc that I picked up used. Let me assure you,this player sounds as good as any 1k single disc machine. Both these players have "delete bank", which allows you to delete unwanted tracks from CD`s. I swore for many years that I`d never buy one of these "things". Now I don`t know how I ever lived without one. Good Luck.------Pete

11. ericanthonE

ericanthonE Stunt Coordinator

The pioneer elite 300 disc model is pretty nice! I have one, and it has a really good 124khz/24 bit audio processing plus other 'legato link conversion' which i am not really that familiar with. It is probably as nice as it is going to get with a mega changer. It does have both a optical as well as an coax input.

It is costly though. I paid about 379 shipped for mine(from authorized dealer).

Good luck

Eric

12. Mike SJ

Mike SJ Supporting Actor

I saw someone had programed and linked I think 4 mega changers together with a programable remote so he had a setup with 1500 changeable cd's!!!