What's new

Queston about the output os sound quality from CD players… (1 Viewer)

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
This is a question that I have been wondering about for some time now, I own an older Sony CX-400 CD mega changer and have always wondered why some people criticize mega changers for having lesser sound quality than a similar priced single disc or 5 disc unit. If you use a digital output it bypasses the DAC’s in the mega changer anyway so you sound quality is dependant on the quality of your receiver, not the player. So if you have a good receiver than the sound quality form the mega changer should be no different than that of a similarly priced single disc player. Granted there are some single disc CD players priced in the thousands of dollars, in which case you would want to use the players DAC's via analog outputs V.S. your receivers for better sound quality, same with SACD/DVD-A. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, and/or tell me what’s up, thanks.

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
I forgot about this post, ok good now I can shut people up when they criticize my mega changer for having lesser sound quality :D

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
There is more involved in CD sound than just the DAC. For instance, I believe the clock is very important and will not be bypassed by using a digital output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks