What's new

Punky brewster season 4 question (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive just returned from visiting shouts message boards ! I have news on season 4 cover art, the color scheme for the boxset will be yellow ! Anyway, I suggested they do a mix of yellow and black , like the way they did a combo of purple and green on season 3.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Season four is now confirmed for 2/26/08, according to TSoD. Extras are seven more "It's Punky Brewster" cartoons and a trivia quiz.

Cover art is at the link.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Good to hear its finally official!With the 7 cartoons included , does this mean we now have the full run of the cartoon series ?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's a month until the release and I have no new news, except that iTunes now has an extended version of the theme song. Do a search for "Gary Portnoy" and you'll find the song, as well as extended versions of the themes to Cheers and Mr. Belvedere. It's not on CD, and it is definitely worth a download.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The review makes it sound like the transfer for season four is the same as season 3, plus the audio will be alot like season 2 rechanneled audio.Oh well, at least the collection will now be complete.

Craig Byrne

Agent
I've noticed some really bad video quality in the flashbacks in the show's final episode... though, that could have to do with whatever source they used when they originally made the episode in 1987.

I've also noticed a little bit of jumping on the Punky S4 set... has anyone else?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Haven't picked it up yet, but since video loses generations copying from the master of the episodes being looked back at to the master of the finale, it makes sense.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive finally purchased season 4.Ive watched the first 2 episodes, and the picture quality and audio seem to be on par with season 3. The big suprise on ths set is the dvd menu, has a diffrent picture of punky!!! It seems to be from season four,in fact it would actually make a nice dvd cover, instead of the same old picture.Anyone else get the set yet ?????

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I thought everyone would find this interesting, even if we do own all 4 seasons on dvd. I was browsing mill creeks website earlier, they have another best of punky dvd coming. But hold on, thats not the interesting part ! On the backcover, and I quote " Punky Brewster which ran for 5 succesful seasons on NBC". What ??? I want that lost 5th season now ! How can they make such a weird mistake like that ? The show ran for 2 seasons on NBC, then another 2 in syndication. Where did they get that 5 seasons from ?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I have no idea how they are releasing it but maybe they are treating the cartoon as if it were a season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks