What's new

Public Domain TV Show DVD's with the original Commercials included (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
just watched the "Sky King" Critics Choice DVD...what a blast to see the Peter Pan Commercial! I had that microscope!

Blimpboy

Agent
Real Name
Darin
The second and third seasons of The Andy Griffith Show have the commercials as a bonus on each disc.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Sorry to drag up an old thread. I picked this up some months back but only took a look at it this morning. It's a 1970 John Wayne NBC TV special from 1970. The special is called "Swing Out Sweet Land" and it is being marketed as "John Wayne's Tribute To America." A real period piece, with an all-star cast of that era including Lucille Ball, Dean Martin, Bob Hope, Leslie Uggams, Roy Clark, Rowan and Martin, Michael Landon and many others. It's like a 1960s variety show telling the story of the history of America with songs and comedy sketches -- one involving Native Americans will come across today as politically incorrect, but mostly it's refreshing to see some patriotism and pride in the United States. Anyway, the reason I bring this up: it's from color videotape (in pretty nice shape too), including the original NBC "special presentation" peacock intro, sponsor billboards, and NBC snake at the end of the show. And there are about a half dozen Budweiser commercials (some with Ed McMahon, one with McMahon and John Wayne together, one showcasing the famous Clydesdales) added as extras -- there isn't an option to view them integrated into the show, but they are all pretty lengthy (Budweiser sponsored the special) and the time works out where these might indeed be all of the original commercials that aired during the broadcast. One additional extra is a clip from "What's My Line" with John Wayne as a guest -- it's not the whole show, just his appearance, apparently from a fairly decent B&W kinescope (though there is an abrupt splice right at the point where one of the four regular panelists identifies him by name). It was five bucks at Wal-Mart and I'm glad I picked it up. http://www.amazon.com/John-Waynes-Tribute-America-Wayne/dp/B000OZ2CQQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks