What's new

PSB speakers good? (1 Viewer)

Travis-J

Agent
I'm looking at buying a pair of Image 5T's made by PSB a canadian company, what do you guys think of those?

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I have owned them for about a year and a half and really like them.

They are equally good for music (CD audio as well as DVD-Audio) and movies on DVD (both Dolby Digital and dts). Upper frequencies are fine; and are able to produce very nice, very deep bass tones by themselves. Of course, a subwoofer is still necessary to satisfactorily provide that even lower end needed for certain movie soundtracks.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I've always been a big fan of PSB speakers. I'm more familiar with their old Alpha line as well as the Stratus line but the few times I've heard the Image series I've been impressed.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The fellow that makes the PSB speakers used to be a designer for Paradigm, another Canadian manufacturer. I like PSB speakers.

JeromeS

Stunt Coordinator
I have owned the Image 5T's for almost a year now and love the sound coming from them in either 2 channel stereo or HT playback. Bass is tight, very nice midrange and clear highs. Nice imaging also but my soundstange is a bit smaller than it could be due to a RPTV in between them. Well worth the purchase. I know I won't have to worry about upgrading for a long time since they are that good.

Jerome

James Edward

Supporting Actor
If you go with PSB, you won't be disappointed. Great sound, solid build, and excellent ability to play loudly without strain. The 5T is an excellent value for the money.

John_ACa

Auditioning
Please ensure you audition them. They feel strained when playing loud.
I have listened to PSB many times (always hoping they would sound good, As I like to buy Canadian) but they are just not for me. I love Mirage. You might want to check them out too.

Travis-J

Agent
I'm probably going to buy the Image 5T's and a 9C for about $1140 Cdn. How is that as far as price? That's all taxes included.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Travis,

I have the PSB Stratus mini monitors and they are OUTSTANDING. I have had no problems with straining when playing them at high volumes, then again, "how loud" will probably mean different things to different people. I rarely listen to anything above reference level as it gives me a headache. The absolute Sound considers the Image 5t the best floor-stander under $1,000.00. I almost pulled the trigger on these before I was given the option to reasonably move up to the top-level (well, at least they used to be before the Platinum Series) Stratus line. I haven't looked back.

-Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks