What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
PSB Speakers is releasing the Passif 50 Anniversary Edition standmount loudspeaker in celebration of a half-century of operation. The speakers pay homage to the early Passif II model from 1974, and can be pre-ordered online from August 1st with shipping scheduled for September. Price for a pair is $2,499. The first 500 units sold will include a handwritten letter from chief designer Paul Barton along with a QR code to receive a gift pack with canvas backpack, water bottle, and commemorative keychain.
Barton’s original Passif II cemented the company’s design philosophy back in 1974 and established what is known as PSB’s “true to nature” sound. Consequently, the Passif 50 includes retro design elements, such as an open-grained walnut veneer cabinet, magnetically attached cloth grilles and stands. There is also a retro PSB logo pull tab on the front grille (apparently drawn by Barton in his geography class) and an exclusive rear-panel...

Continue reading...

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I'm pretty sure I bought PSB closed back headphones (to complement my Sennheiser HD414s) for my first home built HiFi back in 1973, am I dreaming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks