What's new

PS3 not as good as Xbox 360. Link inside. (1 Viewer)

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Oh yes. Employee retention policies are always the best predictor of technological superiority.

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I'd love to see Sony fail, they'll probably rule the console wars once again. From the rumors(or possibly facts), the PS3 is twice as powerful as the Xbox 360. History has shown the latest hardware doesn't necessarily mean the best console, but considering Sony has had excellent game support(both 1st and 3rd party) since it started with the PS1, it's a good bet it's once again staying at the top of the console sales this generation. Personally I always end up with each console offering since they all do have some appeal that the other doesn't.

On another note, I have a brother in law named Josh Robinson, different guy though.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Got a question,...will the PS3 be backwards compatible (BC) with PS2 games? It will be great if htey did that like with PS2. The 360 really sucks in that department. It would be more fun if I can hookup an Xbox and a 360 to play together....

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator
PS3 will be almost entirely backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
who gives a shit. the final PS3 wont be seen for many months.

there is only one system available now, the fence does not even exist yet.

CJ

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

when you say available, are you suggesting that someone could find one of these systems at a retail location?

I have a feeling that right about the time Microsoft gets the supply stream going properly for the 360, the PS3 will be available.

Rodney K

Agent
I bought an Xbox 360 at Toys R Us last week and my oldest son bought one this weekend at another retail store. They're out there. Yes, you have to get somewhat lucky on timing, but there are some available.

Based on what I've been reading, they should be widely available in the next month or two. Regardless, they are available now...

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
More powerful hardware but by the time the PS3 is released the Xbox 360 developers will have had a year to get more comfortable in programming. The 360 games at that time should be really incredible. Whether or not the PS3 hardware is fully exploited at that time remains to be seen. Their biggest advantage will be backwards compatibility and a slam dunk in the Japanese market. Launch titles are still a mystery. And Microsoft still has Xbox Live.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Sweet! So..trying to push our luck further, will there ever be a similar "Live" online service for PS3...better if it were free of course like right now....

Rodney K

Agent
Based on what I read in the new PSM, Sony is planning on a service that will match Xbox Live's features, and then some. No word on cost. Maybe since Sony has so much media they could sell via their online service, they'll make it free?

Oh, and they said that the online service will include features for more than just the PS3. It will include the PSP, as well.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
even though it's not what i meant wiht my original comment, yep, i'm saying that. not everyone who wants one can get one, but they are available, they have been released.

as much as microsoft dropped the ball regarding their xbox 360 supply, it's still out there.

CJ

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh. This is exactly the wrong attitude to have regarding these consoles. Frankly, I want both, and I also think they're both going to comparable to each other.

Thijs

Grip
Sony is really gonna have to come with something huge at E3 cause Xbox360 is going crazy this year with awesome games.
I'd really like to see some real ingame stuff, not in engine like that Killzone stuff. Ingame videos of gameplay , there was word of Naughty Dog working on a complete new project for the PS3 and that they were gonna unveil it at E3, i can't wait. cause those fella's brought the Jak games which were awesome.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

personally i don't think there's that many great games on the 360 right now, but that's just my opinion. i played COD2 already and am doing it a second time on veteran. other than that, no other games have really done it for me. i've played all the demos and rented PDZ (that's a kid's game, c'mon!!!). so far COD2 is easily the best. can't wait for Ghost Recon. if i were into driving games, that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks