What's new

PS2/Xbox component cables (1 Viewer)

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
My projector is on the way and I'm going to need to secure some component cables for my PS2 and my Xbox...

Now, there seems to be a lot of cheap-o component cable adapters for PS2 on eBay like this one : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=21184 -- will that even work? Anyone have something like that?

The only thing I'm aware of for Xbox is the HD pack that includes the TOS-link (optical) output and the component connection... does anyone know if that comes with any length of cable? I think there are raw ports on it (ie not a dongle like the PS2 connector)... any other suggestions? I definately need the optical connection too though...

Obviously neither of them are going to be long enough to make it to the projector... wondering how kosher it would be to splice the xbox and PS2 cables together (only have one component input on the projector)... anyone tried that with an HDTV and a high-res game (either 720p or 1080i like Dragon's Lair)? I can't really afford a HD switch box, so it's either splice and run a single long set of component cables or let my PS2 remain all ghettoed out with the composite and run it to my computer with my N64 and SNES for scaling and deinterlacing

Any help would be hot here guys. I know some of it is semi-answered by the FAQ, but I'm looking for some specifics here-- particularly whether or not splicing is ok (with y connectors or something)...

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I bought the Xbox HD pack. It comes with a length of cable which connects into the back of the xbox, and then you have to come up with the rest of the conection for your Component and digital.

I bought a 16' length of Optical digital cable for $14, from best buy (Optical cable is optical cable, you don't need to spend $50 and buy the monster brand) I also built my 20' long component video cables for about $10 a piece (So $30 for a set of 20' HD cables). It was my first time making my own cable. It was super easy.

As for splicing, I'm not sure but there might be a box out there that allows you to connect two HD sources and only have 1 output. Similar to the old RGB splitter boxes (Multiple inputs, and 1 output). I've never seen one but if you can do it, I'm sure it exists somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks