What's new

Protecting people from the white van! (1 Viewer)

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I wold like to see how many "manufacturers" names are associated with the "white van"
Looking for not only "brand" names but also the web sites where they have their "GLOWING" endosements...also the name(s) of the real(?) mnfging company....
seems to be at least 3 differant "brands",,,, can anyone help?

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
A friend just called me about a pair of tower speakers he bought today for $200. The brand name is Audio File. I'm going to go see them once I get off work.
I asked him if it was off a white van but he said no. I'm guessing that they are changing the van colors now.:D :D
Will update later.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
I know that there are a few other names and that some people have posted their web sites........ANYONE?

A

Anthony_Gomez

Dyna Labs is a Dynaco name ripoff
Was there when 2 people I know got ripped. Didn't know about white van speakers then, but while they were having them demo's in their room, I checked out www.audioreview.com but by the time I found the review on the company, it was too late. The speakers were bought and they van was long gone.

Last summer I saved a stranger from the White van scam.
I was walking out of a Canadian Tire in Burlington Ontario, when I passed a white van with an older man and a guy in his 30's looking at some speakers. I stopped to tell the older man that the speakers were crap and that this was a scam! The van man got quite upset at that moment threating to gouge my eyes out with his keys :)I kindly turned to the older man and pointed out the type of people he was dealing with, at that point he walked away. After a few more idle threats, I proceeded to call the police from my cell phone, but they told me that there is not much they could do about the van man and asked if I wanted to file a complaint, but I didn't want to waste any more of my time with this! I was just happy I helped someone from not getting taken. Believe it of not the same day I was stopped by another van man in different town!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I must admit that I have only been approached by the "white van" on one occasion only. I simply walked away. Having gown up in the big city all my life, I don't place any trust in these, or other, guys.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was approached by white vans on numerous occasions back in the early 90's and I didn't believe their sales pitch for one second. For some reason they liked hanging out in the parking lot of the Builders Emporium store I was working at back then. Every time they came around, they used the story that their boss had received extra speakers "back at the warehouse" and they were told to unload the extras. Yeah... right.

Thankfully I had been a big stereo buff from the time I was a young teenager back in the early/mid 1980's and I had never even heard of the brands these white van guys were trying to sell. I even saved some guy from buying speakers out of the van when he asked me what I thought of them. Those white van guys do seem to get irate when you tell someone the speakers they are selling are generic no-name brands and of questionable quality.

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Both my encounters went something like this "My company accidentally loaded an extra set of speakers on my delivery truck. I could take them back but I would rather give some one like you a good deal on them and make some extra money on the side. They are worth $500.00 each but you can have them for $200.00"

Both times it was two people, one at the van and one trolling the parking lot for a sucker to buy their crap.

Walt N

Second Unit
Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology, Acoustic Response, Denmark, Digital Dogg Audio, Dynalab Speakers, Paradime (vs. Paradigm), I've seen all of these "brand" names associated with this scam.

Has anyone heard of others?

JohnKE

Agent
In the past few months, I've seen the white van parked outside ATM locations. Pretty smart place to be when you think about it....I got approached with the "extras from the warehouse" scam pitch.

Mark Haver

Grip
I am a contractor in the Phila area and have been approached by these scammers about a half a dozen times in home depot parking lots. I have just blown these guys off
every time. Once I finished the guys pitch for him and he got quite nasty with me........I feel sorry for the sucker that buys this crap :angry:
Mark

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Add green vans with Colorado plates to the list. I was approached in the Home Depot lot in Pomona Calif on 7/29. Being wise tothe scam I just ignored the guy and drove away.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
They drive around in vans and sell stuff out of them??! People actually do this? People actually pay for things that come out of vans??!! (Except ice-cream of course).

I'm sorry, but this just sounds silly to me. I like to buy my things at stores, or reputable web-sites.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Acoustic Image, Acoustic Lab Technology, Acoustic Response, Denmark, Digital Dogg Audio, Dynalab Speakers, Paradime (vs. Paradigm), I've seen all of these "brand" names associated with this scam.

Has anyone heard of others
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
Thanks , that is what I was looking for...also they were listed on the "scam-shield" link provided earlier in this thread...thanks!
Found one of the web sites for "dogg digital audio"
My what a clever way of "e"nhancing their scam... web site is semi convincing...if you trust what you read that is....

MarkO

Second Unit
I see thier adds in the papper every week looking for new van drivers. I even called the number, but they wont explain the job over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks