'Prospero's Books" - UK Special Edition release?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JonathanG, Jun 8, 2004.

1. JonathanG

JonathanG Stunt Coordinator

Tried to do a search on this film, but nothing came up. But I was wondering if there has been any new news if and when the next batch of Greenaway's film are slated for Special Edition status. "Prospero's Books" is the DVD I most want to include in my video collection and any rumoured news would be much appreciated.

2. Gonzalo Merchan

This is such a dense film, it seems perfect for an SE. Actually this would apply to most Greenaway films [​IMG] There is also a one hour film I have seen which I believe is called Prospero's Library (?) that goes into more detail on the contents of the individual books, it would make a great bonus asset.

BTW, an animorphic R1 Belly of an Architect comes out next Tuesday! Finallly!

3. JonathanG

JonathanG Stunt Coordinator

what extras if any are on the R1 edition of Belly of an Architect?

4. andrew markworthy

I don't think the BFI has any immediate plans to release more Greenaway movies. However, the following site may be of interest.

A propos of nothing, I've got the book of Prospero's Books signed by Peter Greenaway. The book certainly makes the film far more comprehensible.

5. Gonzalo Merchan

As far as I can see the only bonus feature on Belly of an Architect is the trailer. I am just happy there is finally an animorphic, or even widescreen version of it for that matter. The laserdisc I have enjoyed for years is full frame. There are still some pretty big holes of titles not available on DVD in the Greenaway filmography. I would love to see some of the television work released.