What's new

'Prospero's Books" - UK Special Edition release? (1 Viewer)

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
Tried to do a search on this film, but nothing came up. But I was wondering if there has been any new news if and when the next batch of Greenaway's film are slated for Special Edition status. "Prospero's Books" is the DVD I most want to include in my video collection and any rumoured news would be much appreciated.

This is such a dense film, it seems perfect for an SE. Actually this would apply to most Greenaway films :) There is also a one hour film I have seen which I believe is called Prospero's Library (?) that goes into more detail on the contents of the individual books, it would make a great bonus asset.

BTW, an animorphic R1 Belly of an Architect comes out next Tuesday! Finallly!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the BFI has any immediate plans to release more Greenaway movies. However, the following site may be of interest.

A propos of nothing, I've got the book of Prospero's Books signed by Peter Greenaway. The book certainly makes the film far more comprehensible.

As far as I can see the only bonus feature on Belly of an Architect is the trailer. I am just happy there is finally an animorphic, or even widescreen version of it for that matter. The laserdisc I have enjoyed for years is full frame. There are still some pretty big holes of titles not available on DVD in the Greenaway filmography. I would love to see some of the television work released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks