Pronto Neo having problems learning?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronD, Dec 11, 2001.

1. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Hi all...
    I've been on a quest to get rid of my remote clutter and in the process I've tried the Pronto Neo. I figured this remote gave a good combination of hard and soft buttons, and minus the inherent limitations it has in it's software I was pretty pleased... Until I started learning codes.
    I've got a Harman/Kardon AVR310, and the pronto was unable to learn the source buttons. I tried all the normal things like lighting conditions, distance, etc but nothing helped. Has anyone else had success? Or perhaps a similar remote that has worked? I've also had problems in the past with remotes learning my Tivo's remote...
    I like the ability to have hard buttons and tons of LCD buttons and macro's...
    Thanks,
    Aaron
    System: HK AVR310, Sony 27" FV Series Wega, Sony DVP-CX860, Philips Tivo

2. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

Anyone?
    -aaron

3. Jim Lenneman

Jim Lenneman Stunt Coordinator

Aaron,

The best I can recommend is that you go to remotecentral.com and read the section "tips & tricks to learning IR codes" under the features section. This may not help since as you say, you've tried all the usual stuff. One thing that may help is when you hit the key on the original remote, try a quick tap rather than a press and hold, sometimes that helps. Wish I could give you more difinitive answers.

Best of Luck

Jim L