1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Projector Screen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lance_R, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Lance_R

Lance_R Stunt Coordinator

We just got an infocus LP 350 at our office and I am going to take it home and hook up up to my setup.
    Can I build a cheap screen to put it on? I don't have a good wall to project it on.
    Any tips on making a screen?
    Can I just use Plywood and some type of cloth covering?
    Thanks
    Lance

2. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

The best material you can get is a fabric called "blackout" and its pretty cheap. Its been recommended at the AVS forum for DIY screens.
    Regards

3. John-D

John-D Stunt Coordinator

Depends on how 'temporary' you wish the screen to be.
    You can just hang a white bedsheet in front of a wall and project on it.
    If you want something a little decent and permanent get yourself some curtain blackout material as Luis suggested. There are simple DIY tips to make a frame out of 1x2's from Home Depot. The material has to be stretched onto the frame and you have a production screen that costs around $50 and is as good as the expensive brand name screens retailing for over $300!!
    If you use a white sheet.. you may even investigate painting it grey. 'Lamp' projectors benefit from a slightly grey screen... it improves blacks in the picture.
    Good luck
    ------------------
    The things we own end up owning us
    [Edited last by John-D on July 17, 2001 at 10:06 AM]