What's new

Projector Recomendation for Parents (1 Viewer)

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
My mom wants me to put together a small theater in her new basement and I would appreciate any recommendations for projectors. The screen is only going to be 78" and the room has some ambient light problems. Most of the time it will be playing standard DVDs, (don't see them going HD DVD until it is as cheap as standard DVDs) cable TV maybe High Def, and games for kids 12 and under. It is really being set up for the grandkids so no videophiles. I have been thinking of the Optoma HD70. The budget is around a grand but if I can save a little money with no real hit to the video, based on the above uses, it will allow me to put more into the audio.

Thanks!

Brad

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I also recommend the Mitsubishi HD1000. It's the same price as the HD70, 720p DLP, and it's brighter. Both have been getting very good reviews. The Mits. only has a 1 year warranty and the HD70 has a 2 year warranty.

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
That Mits looks like a great projector. Thanks! Anybody want to convince me to go with a lesser projector and have more audio budget? Or is this as low as you would want to go?

Thanks!

Brad

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I assumed you wanted a HD projector when you mentioned HD cable. If not, the best 480p projector is the Infocus IN72. I recently saw it for $599 after rebate.

Brad Russell

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! I guess I have been debating how much HD cable will get watched on it so it is nice to have something else to consider.

Winston D

Agent
The IN72 also ocmes with a free 92" screen. excellent price for this excellent underrated projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks