What's new

Projector Help! Panasonic PT-L711U (1 Viewer)

jham1496

Auditioning
Real Name
john h
Hello. I am thinking about buying[SIZE= 12px] a Panasonic PT-L711U Projector[/SIZE] but i have several questions. The first is that it is an HD projector, yet it has no HDMI or DVI inputs. How it would put up an HD picture without a digital input? Also, does anyone have any personal experience and if so is it a projector worth buying.

See the specs here http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-L711U.htm

Thanks in advance for your response.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
PLEASE, do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY that projector. It is from the year 2000, over 10 years old. It is a 4:3 aspect ratio. It has an AWFUL LOW contrast ratio of 300:1. And last but not least, it IS NOT even HD. It will accept an HD signal over the component input, then the projector will scale it down to output it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum John. Component and VGA are analog connections that are capable of receiving HD signals. The Panasonic has VGA and a 15 pin HD D-Sub (which with the right adapter could be used as a component input).

I haven't seen it in action, but a few things to consider: Its a presentation projector, not designed for home theater. Its only 720P and it doesn't have any digital HD inputs like HDMI or DVI. I don't what kind of price you are looking at, but you would be a lot better off with a projector designed for home theater and with digital inputs. For Panasonic projectors their home theater projector models start with PT-AE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks