What's new

Projector Debate (1 Viewer)

Steebrad

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen B.
Hello all,

Ive recently been getting into this home theatre stuff and have been looking into getting a projector. Luckily a good friend of mine has two projectors... and he is willing to sell 1 to me for an even price.

Please help me decide which projector is the better value for my home theatre which will be used for some TV viewing and alot of films. He has a Panasonic PT AE-900U with 300 lamp hours on it. Or a brand new Sanyo PLV-Z3 LCD projector.

I have researched both and they look to me to be on very even playing fields as far as specs wise.

Hypothetically in your guys opinion, if they were both new, would one be superior to another?? They both run great so im not really factoring in the hours on the panasonic projector.
Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was debating between the two when I built my theater about a year and a half ago. I went with the 900U since I could get it cheaper. It was a great decision and I don't regret it in the least. It gives me an absolutely beautiful picture on a DIY 103" screen. HD looks incredible, 480p DVD looks great (movie dependent) but standard def DirecTV looks bad. I watch that on my 55" TV in the living room. SD picture was not a factor in my decision and I only mentioned it because some people have huge expectations about all of their viewing.

-Robert

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The Panasonic is a generation ahead of the Z3, its competitor was thought to be the Z4. I'd take the 900.

Steebrad

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen B.
Thanks for the reply's. I was kinda leaning towards the Panasonic but wasn't sure with it being used and everything. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks