What's new

It has been a while. looking for recommendations. (1 Viewer)

Armand_Boivin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
armand Boivin
So it has been a while since I have been on and I have been enjoying my Epson 8250 projector on a 106in screen, but i am seriously debating going back to a somewhat regular TV or possibly even a curve. My wife and I watch a lot of TV and I do enjoy playing console games. Part of the reason i am debating this is due to the space where the projector/screen is not completely dark so at time especially during the day it tends to be pretty washed out. I know right now there are a lot of sales for about another week or so. I know Samsung in particular has the KS8500 SUHDTV Curve for $1600 saving close to $1400. I would say my budget is around $2000. I know the TV would not be as big as my screen but I would definitely like to have something that is decent size, maybe minimum of 65". Any information, thoughts, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Armand_Boivin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
armand Boivin
no responses? wow. my wife have been talking about upgrading the projector instead. Any recommendations there?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not really a "Beginner's" question, Armand...so I've moved the thread into the "Displays" forum.

We'll likely get some more input for you there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Armand,

I bought a Vizio 70-inch 4K LED model (M70-D3) just before Christmas to replace my old DLP set, and I have been happy with the new display so far. It does not have a built-in ATSC tuner for an over the air antenna, though, if that is an issue.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Put a panel behind a roll up screen for daytime use? Consider a "not too monstrous cost" bang for the buck compromise, like the Vizio 77" P-77 rather than a 65" 2016 OLED. Again no ATSC tuner.... Or go even cheaper like Scott suggests. Don't get rid of the PJ at night tho =)

Armand_Boivin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
armand Boivin
Thank you for the responses. I am definitely looking at getting something better for the day since it is hard to see sometimes during the day. unfortunately my screen is a wall mount with the black felt metal boarder, so getting a wall mount might not be an option but i really like that idea of having a roll-up and putting a panel behind it. Gotta figure out if it is cost effective. is over the air antenna even a thing any more? everything I have runs through the cable box. Any other thought or recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks