What's new

Professional Dodge Ball, Who would play? (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Cool, they have a division here in Sac. I hope that I can fit it in between playing Ultimate Frisbee and healing from playing Ultimate Frisbee.:D

Anyway, I absolutely rocked in dodgeball as a kid (tetherball too!) I see know reason why I wouldn't continue rocking today.

To quote Toni from Paradise Hotel:
BRING IT ON!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
We played a little differently.

We played in the gymnasium with two teams, each one against each wall under the hoop. 5 balls were placed in the middle of the court, two on each side and one in the middle.

When the whistle was blown you could either stay back or be brave and try to run up and grab a ball. If you hit an opposing player they were "out" and had to sit out. You could run as far up as the opposing foul line but not past it.

Normally the outcome would be one team is really good and got all 5 balls, then all run up to the foul line and have target practice. When they missed the balls would just bounce off the wall and come right back to them until our whole team was out.

Brutal.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Back in elemtary school, we played a slightly different version. Two teams, split on the two halves of a gym, would have to sprint to the midline to get the balls at the beginning of the game (as others have mentioned). If you got hit, you would have to go to the side of the gym and line up in the order you got out, but still on your team's half of the gym. If you caught a ball, the person who threw it had to sit, but more importantly, the person who caught the ball got to go to the hoop and shoot baskets. For every basket made consecutively, one person from your team who had been eliminated got to come back in. As soon as a shot was missed, another ball would have to be caught to bring people back in. The challenge was that while shooting to get your teammates back, you were essentially a sitting duck to the other team, so anyone still active on your team would try to form a wall in front of you while you shot baskets.

Classic stuff; I'd play for sure.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Where did you shoot from?
We could shoot from wherever we wanted. The preference was always the higher percentage shot, of course, so usually we would end up right next to the hoop. But as a little fourth grader, even that shot took A LOT of concentration, so it was not even close to automatic like it would be for most adults. Add to it that balls are whizzing by your head as you shoot, and I would guess no shot on the court would be considered a "gimme".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks