What's new

Problem Writing or Editing Post (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is not new, has been going on for some time. When writing/editing a post on my iPad Pro, if I use the left, right, up, down arrows to reposition the cursor, the screen scrolls to the bottom taking the writing/editing box out of view. This is not intermittent, is happens every single time. I do see that the cursor moved as required when I scroll up. Incredibly annoying.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Lots of views and no replies. Am I the only one with this problem? I’m using a Logitech Slim Keyboard for IPad Pro.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What happens if you use the built in soft keys on the iPad Pro instead of the Logitech? Also, try opening something like a simple text editor on you iPad, use the Logitech Slim and see if you get similar behavior.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What happens if you use the built in soft keys on the iPad Pro instead of the Logitech? Also, try opening something like a simple text editor on you iPad, use the Logitech Slim and see if you get similar behavior.
I’m testing this now. There are no directional keys on the soft keyboard. The arrow keys work normally in an editor.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I’m testing this now. There are no directional keys on the soft keyboard. The arrow keys work normally in an editor.
Most likely a Safari limitation. I know its sacrilege :) but any chance of loading Chrome on the iPad Pro and trying that way?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Most likely a Safari limitation. I know its sacrilege :) but any chance of loading Chrome on the iPad Pro and trying that way?
Ok, I’m using Chrome to write this. And....drumroll please...the same thing happens. In this particular case the page scrolls down as much as it can, which leaves the reply window still visible, but the scroll happens.

So it happens in both Safari and Chrome.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just tried editing a previous post of mine in this thread, but I did not save the edit. A pop up window for editing the post shows up over the post with the content in the pop up window. I hit and arrow key and the page scrolls down to the bottom taking the edit window out of view.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Unfortunately, this is a known issue with our forum software, and can't be fixed without a major upgrade. This is going to be something we target for the next forum software upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks