What's new

Problem at 1080p with 360 Elite and Bravia KDL-55EX505... (1 Viewer)

EATTHERICH

Auditioning
Real Name
Darryl Young
Hey everyone!

I'm going crazy! Yesterday I bought a brand new 360 Elite, HDMI cable and Sony Bravia KDL-55EX505 (it's amazing!). Previously I had a Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 and another 360 Elite and this setup worked fine, always running a sweet 1080p without problems.

I tried to setup my new system yesterday and I've had so many problems. I've connected my 360 to the TV via a new HDMI cable and it starts up at 1080p. I see the picture for a second then a black screen for a second, the picture for a second and a black screen for a second (and so on...). I've tried EVERY combination of settings in the 360 and the only way I can get it to work is to run it at 720p. There's no way after spending this much that I'm gonna settle for 720p when it should all work fine.

I tried all 4 HDMI ports and none will give me a decent result. I turned it on earlier and, for some reason, it wasn't flickering picture -> black etc, it was normal. I loaded up a game (Forza 3) and it worked alright for a bit but then started doing this again.

I'm really going crazy here. I'm trying to get hold of another HDMI cable to try it but here (in Cologne) shops are closed on Sundays so it's been tough to track one down.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm so disappointed that I can't be playing my new 360 on this TV right now.

Thanks in advance everyone, enjoy the rest of the weekend :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
try ...

turn both components off.

turn the TV on, then turn the Xbox on.

If that doesnt work...try the reverse....turn the xbox on, then turn the TV on.

Can you force a resolution on the XBox?

Im 95% certain you can force a resolution on TV

good luck.

EATTHERICH

Auditioning
Real Name
Darryl Young
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all your help and advice. I went to MediaMarkt and picked up a new HDMI cable after work today... plugged it in and it's working fine. It picked up 1080p straight away and I've had no problems since. Wow, this TV is absolutely amazing!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks