Pro Logic II decoder?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_Singer, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Eric_Singer

Eric_Singer Agent

Hi,

I have a Pro Logic receiver without separate 5 channel RCA inputs for a separate decoder. With PL II now out, I was wondering whether there are any external decoders available that can plug into the standard 2 channel RCA inputs. Being that Pro Logic sends information through onyl 2 channels, this seems possible. Does anyone know of any products out there that do this?

Thanks,

Eric

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    The only PLII decoder's I have seen are Jim Fosgates (the inventor) own creations and would cost several thousands of dollars. Plus I hate to break the news but even if you did find a PLII decoder it would require a 5.1 input receiver. PLII decoder takes a two channel source and converts it to six channels.

If you want PLII there are many under $300 receivers out right now that will do PLII, DD and DTS.

Wes

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

The new JVC RX-6020VBK JVC's lowest priced receiver can be had for around $179 & it has PRO-LOGIC II plus the whole new JVC line now has PRO-LOGIC II. I'd be willing to bet that "most" new receivers that are coming out will have replaced the old PRO-LOGIC with PRO-LOGIC II. I would wait & see what Kenwood has done with their new receivers.