What's new

Prison Break 4 - Guess who's back .... (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
OK, are there really server rooms designed that would, in case of fire, seal themselves and suck all the O2 out of the room, with no internal system over-ride in case some poor fool is stuck inside the room?

Sounds like an OSHA violation to me.

Jon

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just got around to catching up on the first 3 hours of this show.

Well, as expected, more of the same. This is a show desperately
in need of an end game. If they don't end it this season then this
will be my last as I am surprised I made it this far.

Just seems so ridiculous that everyone who was on complete
opposite ends of the spectrum -- who killed other family members --
are now working together.

My guess is that the black-haired girl we thought was killed in
the first episode will also join the clan to bring the company she
once worked for down.

Predictability is always a big thing with this show.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
It's been a while, so I don't know about overrides, but I worked at a place that had a server room [a big one] that had a Halon fire suppression system, and one of our guards was in there when it went off and we had to get in there and rescue him because he passed out due to the lack of oxygen. That said, Halon systems don't suck air out, they saturate the atmosphere with a gas inconsistent with respiration [for the fire or a person].

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ha! I wondered the same damn thing. She's a definite future candidate for my brunettes thread.

Enjoyable episode. Michael's never been on a yacht. Wasn't he on one at the end of season 2? Weren't he and Sara on it right before they got captured? I guess the boat after the Soma escape was a fishing boat, but I don't remember too well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Ok I'm a little confused going into this new season and I think I may have missed a few things. I finally caught up with the last season (3) a few weeks ago and even though the show is seriously in need of an end I'm still watching.

In the new season T-Bag, Bellick and Sucre are all in Los Angeles but there is no explanation on how they all got the hell out of Sona.
Did I miss something or has it not been explained yet?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Really? That's it? If that's the best explanation they have then they are really grasping at straws with this show.
I'm still watching with my wife who loves the show, but even she knows it's pretty thin these days. I wish they would make the call like L.O.S.T. did and put an end in sight. Hell I wish more shows would do this instead of dragging it out for extra money.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

I completely understand where you're coming from, but I'll still point out that's their reason for existing -- to make money. I don't think Lost set an end date because they were being altruistic. I think Lost set an end date because there was a palpable "they're just dragging this out" taking root in the audience and their ratings were going down. Setting an end date was a way of asking the audience to stick with them through this finite journey. It also allowed the writers to focus. It is difficult to write an open ended serial without it becoming a soap opera (the most famous and long-running of open ended serials).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Without the end date, "Lost" turns into "Gilligan's Island", more or less. At least with this season of Prison Break, there is a bigger objective, now it's just how clever the writers are in putting in obstacles that feel organic to the storytelling without having the audience feel like it's just padding, so it's quite a balancing act and challenge for the producers/writers of this show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but Lost always had an end in mind even when they didn't know when the show would finish. So even at its slowest, Lost knows what it's moving towards. When Prison Break nears the end of each season, the writers come up with a few loose ends to set up with no idea of what they'll do with them next season and then make something up when they come back for the new year.

That being said, I'm enjoying the Mission: Impossible/Dirty Dozen-style angle that the writers came up with for this year. While it's off the wall, I think this one of the show's best years (though it's very early to say that).

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

So far, I rank this behind only Season 1 (for me). I don't mind that I watch it now, whereas the last seasons were more just me wanting to basically know what happens and keep up. If I weren't for recordings, I wouldn't have watched them at all.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I thought they did state that the show would last for a certain number of seasons (that has now been surpassed).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks