What's new

Prison Break 4 - Guess who's back .... (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the last few episodes of season 4 on DVD, and I'm confused.

Why did the tombstone say 2005? Shouldn't it have been something more like 2010 or 2011? That scene was supposed to be 4 years in the future, not the past.

I didn't know time travel was part of this show.

Was the entire series supposed to have taken place by 2005? If so, why?

I wonder how much time was supposed to have passed from Michael robbing the bank to get himself sent to prison, and the gang turning in Scylla to get their freedom.

I can't be the only one wondering about this point.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I think the entire series was set over a few months (maybe half a year) due to the serialized nature of the show. The seasons were usually set over the course of a couple of weeks since everything had to be happening immediately and other than the last season, I'm pretty sure that every season picked up right where the other left off. That being said, I'm sure the writers didn't adhere to any real continuity.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
According to the wikipedia article, The Final Break is supposed to air on July 21 - the same day it is due to be released on DVD. Whether that information is correct or not - we'll have to wait and see.

I faithfully watched the first two seasons. I started watching the third season, fell behind and then after seeing a few episodes, one of my tapes was messed up and I decided not to watch any more. When it came back in April, I decided to record the repeat episode and all the rest. I was able to jump right back in and from the looks of things didn't miss much. I just watched the series finale. I was surprised they killed Michael off, but I guess the blood was a sign. (Are there any postings by the creators somewhere telling why they killed him off?) I was surprised that Kellerman returned - I guess his Private Practice schedule allowed him to film those last bits. I was more surprised that he becomes a senator at the end.

So, the tombstone said 2005 which means the series took place in 2001 (or possibly both 2000 and 2001). Does anyone remember any topical references?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by NeilO

I just watched the series finale. I was surprised they killed Michael off, but I guess the blood was a sign. (Are there any postings by the creators somewhere telling why they killed him off?)
Seems like you will want to watch the Final Break if it airs...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Seems like you will want to watch the Final Break if it airs...
Yes, I'll probably watch it, but that will only say "how" they kill him and not why. I did a quick search for "why" and saw this site http://www.prisonbreakbuff.com which has lots of information such as various interviews with Matt Olmstead that you can find at http://www.prisonbreakbuff.com/tag/matt-olmstead/ He goes into their decisions and also mentions how they arranged bringing some of the actors back for the finale.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
The entirety of Prison Break took place in 2005. That is when Michael died. When we finally see the tombstone that wasn't meant to signify that he just died. It was a reunion 4 years later. They probably do it every year.

I'm curious to see what they show in the Final Break.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by LynxFX

The entirety of Prison Break took place in 2005. That is when Michael died. When we finally see the tombstone that wasn't meant to signify that he just died. It was a reunion 4 years later. They probably do it every year.

Yes, that makes sense. My mind jumped in the wrong direction.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by LynxFX

Exactly. Note also that Michael Jr looks to be about 3 years old, which would also be consistent with them meeting up four years after 2005, in 2009.

Here in Singapore S4 was just screened at a breakneck pace of 3 eps a week. Which actually worked quite well, pretty close to a DVD marathon. What's curious is that the actual final ep (22) of S4 aired last night, and tonight they air Final Break, which trailers have misleadingly called the season finale. Those not paying attention are going to be completely puzzled as to why Michael has suddenly been resurrected...

One nice touch in their tombstone visit: Linc left an origami bird, the same sort as Michael used in Fox River to determine the route of the storm drains.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks