Prince - 3121

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jay_B!, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

I picked it up this morning and I'm just loving this one. Easily his best album since The Gold Experience, and possibly his best since Sign O' The Times. I liked the five or six tracks I heard before the album came out so I knew this was a must-purchase. Musicology was a nice little comeback, but I think 3121 shames Musicology IMO. This is a cross between the Prince we loved way back when with the new Prince and it's phenomenal.

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jay, is this new and old Prince akin to new and old Coca-Cola?[​IMG] I'm listening to the album right now and Fury just came up, just ended, it's my fav so far. Now, The Word is an amiable song... Me Like-y...[​IMG]

3. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I really liked the first song he did on SNL last month (I believe it was "Fury"). Can't wait till the album goes up on iTunes; I'd love to buy that song (not really a big Prince fan so I won't go for the whole thing, but the guitars in "Fury" were amazing).

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Second Unit

I would like to be able to get my hands on the SNL version of "Fury". It sounds so much better than the cd version.

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jonathan, I hope you recorded SNL last night because they repeated that show. I agree with you that Fury is better live.

6. Jay_B!

Jay_B! Screenwriter

all I hear is Fury this, Fury that... IMO, Fury's not even one of my favorite tracks on 3121.

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

"Fury" as it was performed on SNL was SO much better.

8. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

Indeed, the live rocked-out SNL performance of "Fury" is greater than the recorded version. As for the 3121 cd, I agree with Jay B that it's Prince's most entertaining, most listenable, fun cd since The Gold Experience. The closest to not-so-great tracks were the two singles already released, "Te Amo Corazon" and "Black Sweat." The rest of the cd is even better. [​IMG]

But then again, I've been a hardcore fan for over two decades, so I may be biased.