What's new

Prince - 3121 (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I picked it up this morning and I'm just loving this one. Easily his best album since The Gold Experience, and possibly his best since Sign O' The Times. I liked the five or six tracks I heard before the album came out so I knew this was a must-purchase. Musicology was a nice little comeback, but I think 3121 shames Musicology IMO. This is a cross between the Prince we loved way back when with the new Prince and it's phenomenal.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jay, is this new and old Prince akin to new and old Coca-Cola?:) I'm listening to the album right now and Fury just came up, just ended, it's my fav so far. Now, The Word is an amiable song... Me Like-y...:emoji_thumbsup:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the first song he did on SNL last month (I believe it was "Fury"). Can't wait till the album goes up on iTunes; I'd love to buy that song (not really a big Prince fan so I won't go for the whole thing, but the guitars in "Fury" were amazing).

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I would like to be able to get my hands on the SNL version of "Fury". It sounds so much better than the cd version.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jonathan, I hope you recorded SNL last night because they repeated that show. I agree with you that Fury is better live.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
all I hear is Fury this, Fury that... IMO, Fury's not even one of my favorite tracks on 3121.

StacyV

Second Unit
Indeed, the live rocked-out SNL performance of "Fury" is greater than the recorded version. As for the 3121 cd, I agree with Jay B that it's Prince's most entertaining, most listenable, fun cd since The Gold Experience. The closest to not-so-great tracks were the two singles already released, "Te Amo Corazon" and "Black Sweat." The rest of the cd is even better. :emoji_thumbsup:

But then again, I've been a hardcore fan for over two decades, so I may be biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks