What's new

Prices for the Pioneer DV-45A (1 Viewer)

Peter Mason

Auditioning
I have read several of the forum treads on the price of the Pioneer 45A being over 500+. Please surf the Internet for the Pioneer DV-45A and you will find low prices starting at $377+ with ground shipping between $15 - $31.

This is a terrific progressive DVD player for the price with outstanding SACD and DVD-Audio playback quality.

Reviews are starting to show up all over the Internet. The only major negative feedback that is repeated over and over is how the player is light in weight compared to other solidly built Pioneer products. This has absolutely nothing to do with how well the Pioneer DV-45A progressive DVD player performs.

Jantzen

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand your comments...

I have a 45a set to be delivered tomorrow and have been following and reading every thread I can find on this player here and at other sites...

From that I see most mention that the average B&M price for this player is about $500 and it can be had online (typically from unauthorized dealers) for around $400.

I've also seen some people pay closer to the $400 from their local B&M...

I have seen numerous posts saying it can be bought online for ~$400 so I don't know what threads you were referring to. In fact that's how I'm getting mine (online ~$400).

I bought the player for audio use only - and I think the biggest strike against the player isn't price or build quality but for those who want to use it as a DVD video player it still has the Chroma Bug. This is a major no-no to a lot of people (including me) and Pioneer knows it has this problem but seems to feel it's "not a big deal" - adding insult to injury.

Anyway, if you have this player, maybe posting a good review on it would help to endorse it more. From what I read I am expecting it to meet my needs as a fairly priced SACD/DVD-A player with Bass Management and good sound quality...

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Just got one of these and so far so good. Bass management actually works for SACD, unlike the first-gen Sony DVD/SACD boxes.

I paid $499 at a local B&M (only local Elite-authorized dealer). Could have saved a few bucks buying from an unauthorized dealer on the 'net, but ease of return and warranty coverage mattered.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks