What's new

Possible to record radio onto your pc? (1 Viewer)

Deani

Grip
id really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this.

All id like to be able to do is record radion onto my pc so i can listen to it when i get back from work

Currently i have my computer, speakers and a reciver (Pioneer VSX-D710S)

My speakers are linked into the receiver and then i have a lead linking my receiver to the line in on my computers soundcard

Any idea?

Jason Handy

Second Unit
It sounds to me like you are ready to rumble. All you need is some recording software - once you have that, simply set up the recording parameters (mono/stereo; bitrate), and turn on your receiver and hit record.

Am I missing something obvious here? Recording from the radio should be no different than recording your voice through a microphone plugged into the same line-in jack on the sound card.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Deani

Grip
Thanks Jason :) Yeah im fairly certain-ish that im all set up but not 100% sure as of yet. However if i am i guess i don't have a clue what software to get :frowning:
Anyway thanks for the reply ill keep looking for software out there and see if anything turns up!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It might be simpler to record with a VCR. Connect the radio ouput into the VCR's audio input. Turn radio on. Set VCR timer for radio program. Set VCR to use its aux input. All done.

Just a thought.

Deani

Grip
Cheers guys :)
Dont think i can use a vcr though as none to hand :/
Any other ideas? Im noting all these down :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Dont think i can use a vcr though as none to hand :/
Oh well. I was wondering the same thing a while ago (local NPR station plays world news midnight - 4 am). Then I realized that if I wanted to tape it, I could just use my VCR with less trouble.

If you wanted to, you could get a generic VCR cheap.

Another possibility is to get a tape recorder and a hardware light-timer (plugs into wall; often used to turn lights on and off when you're on vacation). Set the tape to record, and set the timer to turn it on and off at the desired time. Just leave the radio on.

Finally, I think there are FM/AM tuner cards for PCs (like the TV tuners). That would simplify the recording process.

Just some more random ideas. But your current plan of just plugging in your radio to the computer's audio-in is sounds the easiest, for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks