What's new

Possible reason why you don't like NFL Fever...Madden...Sega football titles (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
You are correct! Fever has always had the better graphics
Well this is again coming from a football novice but while NFL Fever (which I again owned last year) had superior bump mapped grass effects, jersey detail and very nice reflective lighting on the player helmets, the animation and the player models at times left something to be desired. NFL2k2 which I have played on the Dreamcast and PS2 (though again on a limited basis) had more varied blocking and tackling animations. The animation that was there was IMO executed better than in NFL Fever 2002.
What I am finding very difficult to comprehend in this thread Kevin is that if you enjoy NFL Fever 2003 so very much why bother caring what others think about the game?? I've had countless people tell me how awful Enclave is on the Xbox and I honestly could care less because I think its a great game.
Peter has obviously stated in rather comprehensive detail in this thread and another like it what he dislikes about Fever, if you disagree with him, fine. Does that take away from your enjoyment of the game? I dont see how it would.
Lets try to at the very least keep it civil guys. No reason to let a simple conversation about a football game degenerate into name calling contest.
Brandon,
Thank you for the book recommendation. I'll be on the look out for it this weekend:emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Peter, no names were named when that post was made and you weren't the only person who criticized the game. I think you guys are both over-reacting here.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I'm going to drop this matter, but, Ryan, I was quoted specifically, and accused of not having played the game rather blatantly. I don't care much for having my integrity impugned.

Hell, I was really hoping to like NFL Fever 2003, as I'm looking for any reason NOT to buy madden as EA has decided to shun Xbox live and has aligned themselves with Sony. I think Fever is a classic case of the designers thinking, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Fever was the best selling xbox football game last year. So, they go, we won't mess too much with the game. Problem, is , the competition isn't standing still. I'll be very suprised if Fever sells the best this year.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
At first I was planning on taking Fever 2003 back and exchanging it for Sega 2K3, but after playing Fever more today, I think that I'll just keep both. Sega, because of my loyalty to what Sega has done w/ the sports titles, and Fever 2003 because of its beautiful graphics and easy play selection.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to those folks that don't watch/enjoy football. But to be honest, that's the way to understand the game. It also helps to have friends who played football. It's hilarious to watch them make fun of "WAC" conference football. BTW, he was a lineman in high school. Can you guess what style of football he likes? :)
I didn't play football, nor am I an expert. But I can give a few basics here if anybody would like.
Any takers? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks