What's new

Possible Flash (DC hero) movie.... (1 Viewer)

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg

Pretty much, and the one reason why I'm hoping that Goyer will just handle writing duties on this. While I did enjoy Blade: Trinity (and Reynolds would make a fine Wally West), it was a clear step down from the first two Blade films.

Other than that, my fingers are cautiously crossed...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I don't know too much about "The Flash" other than the TV series and what little I've seen of "Justice League" on Cartoon Network, but Reynolds does seem like he'd be perfect for the wisecracking Flash seen in the cartoon.

I didn't have the problems with Blade Trinity that others do, but Goyer's direction might be okay for "The Flash", more appropriate than Blade. Probably a lot more people would hbe happy today if Blade has stuck with the original director. I love the feel of the first picture.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Maybe Goyer got fascinated with the "Dash" character in 'The Incredibles'. :)

Let him write which I don't mind, but I'd rather have someone else direct.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Let's hope Goyer doesnt give us another campy Blade 3 type fest and lets hope it doesnt come near a Daredevil type fiasco.

This could be very good if done right and Ryan Reynolds is a definite Plus.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
He'd make a credible Wally West, given his facial features & body type. He's pretty lean and lanky - not too bulky... the perfect build for a runner.

He's also got the young and daring attitude & look down pat. As long as the writer's don't go overboard with the adolescent personae of the earlier comics (where Wally's a whiny & annoying Barry wanna'be), and they don't use the same lame-ass humor that Reynolds did in Blade 3 (god that movie sucked), then this might be a good start.

Moe.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Has their been anything new regarding this? I was watching Blade Trinity the other day. And Reynolds would definitely make a good Flash.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I know I'm months late on this but:

As someone who has just got back into comics this spring after a 15 year absence, Johns' JSA is one of my favorite comics. What I love about his writing is that while he shows great reverance for continuity and history, he puts everything I need to know about the previous story and characters in the current book . While I profess to having looked up things on the Wiki for personal interest, for me it has never, ever been required to understand and appreciate his JSA stories.

EDIT- One more thing on JSA- there is a very heavy continuity confined to the current JSA book that is a bit more unforgiving. JSA feels more old school than most comics out now in that Johns likes to build subplots and arcs over the course of years vice the self-contained six issue trade-friendly arcs so prevalent in other series. While I was able to understand what was going on jumping in with a few random trades, I got a helluva lot more out of it when I read everything in order from JSA #1.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Exposure to heavy water fumes?

I don't know if audiences would go for that.

The film might be better off with the lightning/chemical combo like the TV show (and I'm sure a comic incarnation or two)

Besides, having lightning involved makes sense since he's got the lightning bolt on the costume. Of course, most camera flashes have a lightning symbol on them, but "lightning quick" impresses a little more than "flash like a camera.":)

Barry Allen. Wally West, Jason Garrick.... Damn, there have been a lot of incarnations haven't there? Lots of material for a full-length documentary on the evolution of the Flash.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Both the Wonder Woman and Flash movies. :frowning:

Whedon just announced on his site that his involvement with the Wonder Woman movie is over. And this was posted at Goyer's blog site....

You know this is total BS. Seriously, how freakin hard can it be to get these projects started. Jeez, hire Bruce Timm to write the movie...Or their has to be a dozen good comic writers who can work with a screenwriter and put something together. Marvel is able to get a lot of its characters done...And with mostly good results.

Well look at Superman. Spent 10years languishing because the studios and the people they hired to do the movie...Were trying to completely recreate the character and the ideas they had were absolutely ridiculous. Thank goodness for Spiderman which showed them that if you put a competent production team with a story that is faithful to the character. You can get a hit. Luckily, we got Batman Begins. While Superman Returns was (I am sorry fans) a remake of the 1978 Donner film.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Can't say I'm broken up by the news. Whedon just didn't seem to have a strong take on WW, and frankly Goyer just isn't very good and would have likely delivered WB/DC's equivalent of the Daredevil or FF movies.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe WB is cracking down on their comic book movies. The only ones they'll make are Batman and Superman!

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Pretty much. Sad thing is the movie will probably make a ton of money anyway.

I'm almost scared to see who Levy gets to (probably) replace Reynolds. I'm very afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks