What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Flash may have had a lot of excess baggage on its way to movie theaters, but the end product is a very entertaining popcorn movie.

The Flash (2023)

Released: 16 Jun 2023
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 144 min

Director: Andy Muschietti
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Cast: Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton, Sasha Calle
Writer(s): Christina Hodson, John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein

Plot: Barry Allen uses his super speed to change the past, but his attempt to save his family creates a world without super heroes, forcing him to race for his life in order to save the future.

IMDB rating: 6.9
MetaScore: 56

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR...

Continue reading...

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The only reason not to watch this movie must be a dislike of Ezra Miller. My wife and i watched the Blu-ray disc and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
The movie was better than what I was anticipating, though with DC's track record that's not saying much. What soured me on it, however, was watching the special features and seeing the things they wasted money on when it came to to the sets. The went through the time and expense to build an American street exterior in England that's on screen for maybe a few minutes in the movie, which they then had to promptly tear down after filming was done. Or using at least four different locations to film exteriors/interiors for Wayne Manor. Just seems like the director was lighting money on fire for no reason.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We liked the movie, but did find Ezra Miller annoying when he played the younger Flash.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The movie was better than what I was anticipating, though with DC's track record that's not saying much. What soured me on it, however, was watching the special features and seeing the things they wasted money on when it came to to the sets. The went through the time and expense to build an American street exterior in England that's on screen for maybe a few minutes in the movie, which they then had to promptly tear down after filming was done. Or using at least four different locations to film exteriors/interiors for Wayne Manor. Just seems like the director was lighting money on fire for no reason.

It's not your money. Why does that bother you? It's not like this production was an anomaly in that regard.

The way I look at it, even if those sets were ultimately pointless, building and filming them put money into the pockets of a number of craftspeople and technicians who needed the work. As wasteful as it may be, a big Hollywood production like creates much-needed jobs in a tough economy. That's ultimately a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks