What's new

POLICE STORY (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
And maybe we can see other long-stalled titles of theirs unstalled too! (Fantasy Island, Ironside, Marcus Welby)

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I don't expect there will be a lot of things I'll be buying this year. I have most everything I could want, and plenty to watch for a good long while. But a very pleasant surprise like Police Story season 2 will be nice to have every once in a while. Thanks again, Shout!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I don't expect there will be a lot of things I'll be buying this year. I have most everything I could want, and plenty to watch for a good long while. But a very pleasant surprise like Police Story season 2 will be nice to have every once in a while. Thanks again, Shout!

I know how you feel, I'm certain I have enough shows to last the rest of my life. About the only kind of shows I'll be purchasing this year will be "Grail Shows".

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I really enjoyed season 1 even though it was a blind buy for me. I'd gotten on a 70's cop show kick & was buying most of the shows that were available. When I saw no more seasons were coming, I watched POLICE STORY slowly so I could stretch it out. Glad to be able to return to season 1!

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
This is a surprise -- and one they can count on me buying. I loved the whole tone of the show, the revolving cast and writing (as I recall during my teenage years)... Perhaps that this kind of comes out of the blue and off the radar gives hope for others (those who are pessimistic 100-per cent of the time, carry on!)...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This was the golden age of L.A. police drama with Joseph Wambaugh novels burning up the bestseller lists and Daryl Gates heading a department that later helped motivate nearly burning down the city.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
This makes me think that more seasons of Fantasy Island, Police Woman, and The Rookies may be a possibility.

I'm all in for more Police Story! I haven't been this excited about a new release in quite awhile.

swan4022

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
Wonderful news about Season 2!
I just recently re-watched Season 1, and am fond of many of the episodes--especially loved the ones with Kurt Russell and Earl Holliman. Very slice-of-life and flawed/human police officers. Great theme music, too :)

Maybe high enough sales will encourage the remaining season releases (as well as the shows mentioned in others' posts)...

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Maybe they'll put out "Medical Story," as well.

James
One of the best dramas of the 1970's. There should be tape for this show from the LBS syndication era (if I recall correctly, Neil Brock can clarify I'm sure). I was hoping to see it released via Sony's MOD program, but I don't know if Sony is continuing with their MOD venture or not.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This was the golden age of L.A. police drama with Joseph Wambaugh novels burning up the bestseller lists and Daryl Gates heading a department that later helped motivate nearly burning down the city.

How high up was Gates at the time?

He would have became Chief during the show's last year. IIRC, it was still Ed Davis in as Chief until then (Thanks for listing the Chiefs, Adam-12!)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
How high up was Gates at the time?

He would have became Chief during the show's last year. IIRC, it was still Ed Davis in as Chief until then (Thanks for listing the Chiefs, Adam-12!)

You're right, it was more likely still Davis' department. But Gates was there from 72-92 and the one who took the fall.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I know how you feel, I'm certain I have enough shows to last the rest of my life. About the only kind of shows I'll be purchasing this year will be "Grail Shows".

That term "Grail Shows"-- I've heard it used many a time by many a poster, but a lot of times by you. What does that mean, really?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
A Grail Show is a show you desire to have on Home Video more than any other. The last type of this of this kind of show I Purchased was Chopper One, which came out last year. I have two "Holiest of Holy Grails". They are the Ken Snyder "Saturday Morning" animated series Hot Wheels and Skyhawks. If these two ever get released when I get the news that these shows are going to get released the shock wave going out from my house will make the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa look live a firecracker . :eek: I may also camp out in front of a store that will be selling these series so I can be one of the first customers to get these series. :D

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
A Grail Show is a show you desire to have on Home Video more than any other.

That's just what I was wondering! I'm thinking that the 60s ABC West/Ward Batman might be one for me, owing to the weekly cliffhangers that were its lifeblood for the first two seasons' worth.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
By definition, a holy grail is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. By that standard, most of us who collect tv shows on dvd are rich beyond the wildest dreams of King Arthur and his knights. We have all been able to own and view dozens of favorite and newly-discovered grails. There have been those once a year holy-crap-I-never-thought-that-would-be-released moments, like with Batman. There are several more I don't ever expect to see, but may be happily surprised once in a while. But I never thought I'd have as many great shows as I do, and in many ways feel like I am living my own version of Arthurian legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks