What's new

POLICE STORY (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I had never heard of this show but after I bought the 70's cop shows I was familiar with, I decided to pick this up. I'd seen some clips on YouTube & was intrigued. Absolutely loved what I've watched so far! I know there's only one season so I'm taking my time. For those that have seen the rest of the series, are other seasons as good as the first?

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
They are, but don't plan on seeing any more seasons on DVD. Apparently Season 1 did not sell enough for Shout Factory to continue with more seasons.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Here is a piece of trivia: The Police Story logo/bumper photo of the officer with the white helmet, that was used on the series and on the DVD cover is actually a still from The Rookies pilot. The photo is of actor, Robert F. Lyons.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Here is a piece of trivia: The Police Story logo/bumper photo of the officer with the white helmet, that was used on the series and on the DVD cover is actually a still from The Rookies pilot. The photo is of actor, Robert F. Lyons.

The Pilot that Shout! Factory CLEARLY promised would be on their DVD of The Rookies, but they NEVER lived up to their promise.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
That's a pity about the poor DVD sales but not surprising. Awareness of this show was pretty low.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I think they would have by now, the stalling is too bad. Maybe Mill Creek instead or VEI if they have or get a Sony deal.

mattfire64

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
H&I has been airing Police Story in their weekday afternoon schedule since the beginning of January. Perhaps they have managed to renew some interest in the series by airing it?

Regardless, I intend on buying Season 1 soon and will get Season 2 to show some support to Shout Factory. I love 70s cop dramas (Kojak, Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii Five-O) so I'll have no problem blind-buying this series.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
If Shout released Season One of Police Story back in September 2011 and is now releasing Season Two in July 2017, I hold out some hope that they may possibly release the remaining 3 seasons of The Defenders.

Unlike The Defenders, this one probably benefits from easily-transferred elements (like the nearly-completed Lou Grant). So I'm still pessimistic.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Love the typo in the TVonDVD story. "Now, after a long wait, fans of the classic copy drama will finally get a chance to own a DVD release for Police Story - Season 2."

For me the show will now forever be known as Police Story: The Copy Drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaronss
Recent bookmarks