What's new

Please recommend a good vido switch (1 Viewer)

RuslanM

Agent
Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread belongs here. I need to get a decent and resonably priced component video switch with good bandwidth. Could anybody please recommend a product or point me to the right web site?

Thanks,
Ruslan.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
theres a number of them out it depends on how much your willing to spend and how many inputs you need there is a JVC at crutchfield and other places for about 100, I think some people use some from Radio shack for even cheaper, I personally use an switcher from inday.com that went for about $150, it only does video I think for 200 you can get one from ritzav that does video and optical audio.

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a fairly large video display, then you are right to be concerned about bandwith. Extron is the only company I would consider. They have a web site, though the exact name of it escapes me. Just type it into GOOGLE and that should get you there. Good luck.

RuslanM

Agent
Jake, how do you like your switch? I was considering that one too. It seems to have enough bandwidth for the reasonable price. How are the ergonomics, is it easy to use?

Billy, thanks for the suggestion. I'll look it up.

Ruslan.

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
its really simple and easy to use. If you have a pronto you can program the controls in it but if you get the one without the remote all you have to do is press the button to cycle through inputs 1-4, I for whatever reason got the one w/remote and all it is is 4 buttons 1 for each input. I don't know exactly what ergonomics mean but I hope I answered your question. I did see however one 4x1 switcher for 99 that looked similar to this one w/same bandwidth I think, you should look into that as you could save a bit of money. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it but do a search for video or component switcher here or at avsforum.com its at one of these two places. Ask if you have anymore questions about the Inday, I think the shipping is free as well.

RuslanM

Agent
Thanks, Jake. I think it doesn't detect the active input, so the remote should come in handy. I'll just have to teach my mx-500 from the original.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Inday and Audio Authority both have component video switching boxes with HD bandwidth capability at under $200.

These are 4 to 1 boxes.

The keohi site has reviews and links to some of the products as well.

Regards

RuslanM

Agent
Michael,

Do you know how these two compare in performance? I've read a few threads about these switches but nobody really answered this question.

Thanks,
Ruslan.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I am using both units.

INDAY has a remote and has direct access.

AA has TOS and COAX digital inputs too, but no remote and only sequential switching. Also has auto detection and priority switching .... but it can get fooled some times and auto detect is not so smart at times.

Inday is for Video only ...

I need the AA for the additional audio inputs ... but I wish I had the INDAY's direct access.

Regards

RuslanM

Agent
Michael,

I think that INDAY has the separate model which is audio switch only. I'm not sure if it has direct access via remote though. Plus, you pay about twice the price for two separate switches. But, I do like the option of direct access and was concerned about auto detection of AA. Thanks for clearing this out for me.

Ruslan.

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
Russ, I didn't know Audio Authority makes switches. You should check them out, very fine company. Just make sure you get enough bandwidth.
Billy the Kid

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks