What's new

Please Help with my A/V Setup... (1 Viewer)

ikalinin

Auditioning
Real Name
Igor Kalinin
Hey All.. I need help w/ my setup.

I currently have an in wall wired setup. and from my a/v rack to my tv, i have 2 cables in between the wall, both component video cables.. 1 i'm using, the other is there 'just in case' i feel stupid that i didnt feed an HDMI cable when i had a chance.. anyway, too late now, and no way back!

So I have:
1. Cable Tv (HD) box
2. Panasonic DVD (HD Upconvert)
3. Sony 777ES Receiver (can't remember model #) will edit later.
4. Polk Audio 5.1 Speaker System

Anyway, EVERYTHING (#1 & #2) are connected to my Reciever (#3)
w/ (RGB) component video cables and Optical Audio cables.
then The monitor OUT of the reciever (#3) is connected to the TV, component 1. This is the wire in the wall.

Now, I want to get an HDMI, region free DVD player, and connect it w/ an HDMI cable to the reciever. will the monitor our RGB still transmit the video to the TV ? or how can i do this... ????

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Sorry, but most receivers won't "down-convert" from hdmi to component. The Sony 777es seems to be an sacd player so I wasn't able to look at the owners manual to confirm this.

Edit: O.K. I found the STR-777es. It's from 1999 thus no hdmi. Is this the one you have or is it a newer model with hdmi?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks