What's new

Please advice 11 X 16.4 theater room (1 Viewer)

11 width x 16.4 length x 9 height is good enough for home theater

• It Works

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No It wont work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

John Mot

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Experts Please Advice ..

I don't have any previous experience in having a separate home theater room, in the new home that we are constructing, we are thinking of converting one bedroom room to a media room and its dimensions are 11 wide x 16.4 length x 9 height . We don't know whether this is a good enough size for a theater room. Is it worth to pre wire this room. If it is good size , what are some of the important recommendations that should be considering.
Please help.

Our builder did gave us an option to extend the length of the room by4 feet and it is costing us a lot money close to 5 grand.
We want to use a part of that money towards sound systems n pre wiring and other upgrades towards the house .

Could you please let me share your valuable suggestions.

Thank you all in advance for you time and consideration.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sounds like it should be fine.

I wouldn't bother extending the room length unless you want multiple rows of good size theater seats or the like -- you can probably already have a 2nd row of regular size chairs when the occasion calls for that.

OTOH, if you want a bar or the like in the back, then I guess the extra 4ft might just get you there -- and you can maybe get some extra comfy bar-stool-height seats that might be serviceable doubling as the 2nd row(?)...

_Man_

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
My garage HT is 12x17x9. Wire it for 4 in-ceiling speakers, 2 surrounds and 2 rear surrounds. I have 7.1 right now and tomorrow I hope to have 2 in-ceiling speakers installed for 7.1.2....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks