What's new

Playstation 2 Audio (1 Viewer)

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
I've been trying to get my receiver to recognize my PS2 for games and dvd's and such.

I have an optical cable, and have hooked it up to my receiver, but it seems that I can not get 5.1 to work on DVD's, so I imagine its not working properly on games either.

I have the optical out thing turned on in the system config stuff. My receiver is a Sony with 450 watt and is DTS ready. I think the main part of the model number is 740, but I'm not sure and its not on the front of the receiver....

Any ideas?

I tried searching the forums, but the search function kept spitting out my searchs...

Thanks!

Chun Lam

Agent

This perplexed me as well, but I figured it out eventually. Not only do you have to configure it to use the digital out on the main PS2 configuration, but you have to setup the audio the first time you put in a DVD.

When you play a DVD on the PS2, hit select on the controller and a menu should come up. Scroll to setup. Under there there's an audio menu (last one on the right.) You need to turn optical to on, Dolby Digital to On, and DTS to On.

There are rarely any games in DD5.1 though.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator
The select button did the trick!

I know that Xbox is the system for 5.1, but I was wondering if the Pro-Logic was working right too.

My dvd player is older, and I'm waiting a little bit before I blow many grand on the bigscreen and surround setup, so I was hoping that the PS2 would satisfy my surround dvd needs for at least a couple months.

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks