What's new

players that move when you press 'eject' (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
OK, maybe it is a small thing, but I am VERY annoyed by the fact that when I press 'open/eject' on my PC's cd and dvd it takes up to 15 seconds before the disk comes out.

I mean, really, what is up w that? My car just spits it out, my home stereo cd player just spits it out, even my laptop is responsive. So why is my computer spending so long just thinking about it?

Come to think about it, my HT DVD also takes up to 15 seconds to spit it out. Sometimes the HT DVD and PC don't even spit it out!! It just autoplays it as if I just put it in!

AAAAAAAAAAAIGH!

rant over

I will be having a friend build me a HTPC very soon. Actually, upgrading my old pc into a HTPC. Can anyone suggest a DVD player that will not frustrate me and give a good play?

I'm really not too concerned with changing regions or recording. I just want to watch movies, and get my disk with little fuss when I press 'open'.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
if you want a really bad one, my older CR-RW won't spit out CDrs AT ALL I have to grab a paperclip and push it in the hole to force the tray out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks