What's new

PLASMA FOR XBOX.... (1 Viewer)

brianflick

Auditioning
Real Name
brian flick
I badly want to new 1080P TV for my basement and I have the wife wanting a new TV too! My father-in-law keeps telling my wife that LCD is the way to go, DO NOT GET A PLASMA! Now, we watch HD TV-programming and my son and I play A LOT of XBOX 360 in the basement. I will be buying a blueray player along with the TV.

I have read a lot and watched some youtube videos concerning the comparisons between the LCD VS plasmas for gaming and some say LCDS for gaming because of the burn-in. There are others that say burn-in just doesn't happen like it used to. Crutchfield said they left an image on screen for 48 hours (on a higher end plasma) without any problems and they say gaming with a plasma is just fine, actually its better due to the fast moving images.

My basement has just two small windows behind the TV and most of the time the blinds are closed; therefore, glare is non-existent.

I would like to get a Panny G10 or G15 in the 50"-58" range...I have also considered the new G25, but have read some disappointing reviews about it. I briefly spoke with a resident "EXPERT" at Best Buy, and she said the difference between the G-series and the S-series(which is what BEST BUY has in stock) She said if I went with say a TC-P58S2 and got the GEEK SQUAD TV Calibration service...the difference between the S-series and the G-series would be un-noticable.

What do you all think? Again, my son and I play A LOT of xbox 360 and this TV will be used mainly for gaming and some TV/bluerays but mostly gaming. I will also have a complete 5.1 system added; so, the TV sound system really isn't important.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
GEEK SQUAD TV Calibration service...the difference between the S-series and the G-series would be un-noticable.
not at all true.

You may want to find a non Geek Squad company that performs quality video calibrations (in addition to avoiding the S series).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks