What's new

Denon AVR-S710W - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Finally time to update my aging Onkyo receiver and I've decided that I want to try a Denon, I've always been a fan of them but have never had one. I didn't want to take the plunge into another Onkyo, as I've had mixed results with several different models in the past. Does anyone have any experience with this model or its big (or little) brother? The primary reason I went with this one is to "future-proof" myself a bit with the upcoming HDCP2.2.

Question: how well does the HDMI pass-through work? My TV is an older Samsung plasma without ARC

I'll be connecting a PS4, cable box, and (eventually) an XBOX One

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ARC is irrelevant in your case.

HDMI passthrough as what?

In standby? What?

Does this do what you need?
Missing a feature you want that exists in the next one up?
More features than you'll use and the next one down suffices?

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I guess passthrough isn't the right term, as the unit will be powered on anytime I'm using any connected device. This unit has all the features that I need and I don't see any on the 910 that would miss. I was more or less trying to see if anyone had any first-hand experience with it, that's all. I've read plenty of reviews and they are all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks