What's new

Pioneer LD Video Noise Reduction (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
On the Elite 79 LD there is V-DNR option.Anyone notice much difference on the standard setting on or off?

Ive tried turning it on and off a few times and couldn't really see a difference

Grant

greg_t

Screenwriter
I notice it on some lasers more than others. I notice it more in dark scenes than any other. On the really good laser transfers, I don't seem to notice it. But on Raiders, and the original THX star wars, It does seem to reduce noise better. You can also go in and increase the level of noise reduction, which seems to help. Also, you didn't say how you had yours hooked up, but I believe it will only work using the S-video connection.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Crank it way the hell up and you'll see yukky artifacts. I usually leave it on "Standard" on my CLD-99 and CLD-D704.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks

I have it hooked up by the coaxial versus the svideo...chapter 1 verse 1; the holy book of LaserDiscs and the gospel according to Rachael

My Wega has a better comb filter than my LD player

Guess thats why I don't notice it....but I have it on standard anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks