What's new

Pioneer Elite RPTV owners-question! (1 Viewer)

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Elite 510 and use the VGA input 3 and RCA DTC100 to reveive my HD programming. For anyone else who has the same, what are your picture setting on this input? You can only adjust contrast and black level when receiving HD on this input. Just curious what your settings are. Thanks
------------------
-Kevin

Dre J

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,
I wish I could give you numbers but because I've set my values in the service menu and have Calibrated the Grayscale, I'm afraid telling you my settings are all Zero wont help.
Even if someone tells you there values, It may be different from set to set. Although, from the limited Elite posts I've seen most setting adjustments "Out-of-the-Box" are very close among sets.
The good thing is the Color matrix is excellent with the RGB inputs. Many people adjust Contrast (White Level) and Brightness (Black level) to personal tastes, My opinion not withstanding.
Here is a great way to check contrast and black level if you don't have an HD pattern generator and colorimeter. If you have HBO HD, wait until they show a movie that you also have on DVD. Since you've adjusted your DVD using AVIA, etc., You can adjust the contrast and black level to match your DVD preferences.
This is the best I can suggest without proper equipment or a standard out-of-the-box Elite.
Good Luck
Dre

Grady

Agent
I have a 510 and while I use the component inputs, not the RGB, I set my contrast at -20 and my brightness at +2. I've seen several others comment on this and most are right around this range.
Does the RGB really give you a better result than a high quality component cable to the point where the loss of flexibility is worth it?

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. I don't know the differences between component and RGB as far as HD reception goes with the Elites. The RCA is the only set top box I have used so I've never viewed HD on the Elite through component. Right now my settings with the RGB input are -17 contrast and -7 brightness. I'm just now starting to play around with them to see if I can get a better HD picture than I already do. Thanks for the replies though.
------------------
-Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks