What's new

Pioneer Elite Recievers (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I have been looking at the possibility of getting one of the Pioneer recievers for my system. I guess I should give some back ground on my plans.
Currently I have no dedicate HT, and it is my plans to spend the summer building the theature in the basement of my house. I am starting to seriously look at componets, as I need to budget things soon. I woant to eventually have everything automated, and was wondering if the pioneers have any rs-232 ports. I don't see mention of them, and was curious.
Any sugestions, if they don't, as to what has good sound that does have the ability to be automated later?

Ken Beck

Auditioning
The VSX-49TX has an RS-232C port which according to the manual "...has the possibility on inputting and/or outputting information to/from the receiver." What did you want to do with the port?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
If I remember correctly, control systems such Crestron and Panja use rs232 connections. I would assume that is what Lance is looking for.

Dan Hine

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ken, thank you I honestly did not think about downloading the manual.
Dan, you are right. I want the abbility to add a remote control system in the future. I plan on dropping wire for everything right at the start, then add the components as I build up the budget.
So far I have committed to the plans IEEE-1394, twisted pair, dedicated circuits for lighting, control, and components, cable, S-Video, and component. Should give me room to expand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks